Monday 12 October 2020

Based on Robert Frost's 'the road not taken'


I am going to an unknown destination 
I am not sure I will know when I have arrived

I walk with a firm belief 
that this journey is all I have
This journey is all I wanted
This journey is all I will get

I may scream and cry
Or my feet may get tired
But the road won't give up
And I won't leave the road I passionately desired

I don't know how long the walk will last
Nobody in sight to inquire 
But the walk is mine, so is the struggle
And I will create a place of mine before I retire

I look ahead, I look back
Sipping on my ginger tea
The quiet of now, the chaos I crossed
And the anticipation ahead sets me free

I learn I tumble I fall I create
And no joy surpasses that
I am walking but the pace gets slower
I urge to make this last

I don't know if this is where I stop
If I was the first one to arrive
But a truck full of happy, young kids just passed
Nodding at me

And the flame continues to thrive



------

Attended Rupikaur's poetry workshop recently. It was refreshing and helpful. I never take pride in my poetry writing skills but I enjoyed it so much that I am sharing one of the poems here. She asked questions and prompted words (highlighted in Bold) that we can include in our poems. She also gave a background theme and a few words to begin the poem. So, it is particularly useful for writers who are feeling stuck or just want a break to explore their thoughts and shake up their imagination a bit.

Also, I wanted to start doing sketches to accompany some of my writings. Again, I never take pride in my sketching skills, but this may have been just the push that I needed.

Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letting go

"Yaar, matlab main kar sakti hu but mere se ab ho nahi payega" This was the first thing I heard as soon as Shreya opened the door....